Final reminder that The Pleasure Zone, the first Forest event of the year, takes place tomorrow night (Wednesday).
Smokers, vapers, non-smokers and dual users are invited to join us for drinks at the Institute of Economic Affairs, 2 Lord North Street, London SW1P 3LB from 6:15pm.
The main event starts at 7:00 with a short presentation by Dr Neil McKeganey, director of the Centre for Substance Use Research, who will discuss the CSUR's recent report, 'The Pleasure of Smoking: The Views of Confirmed Smokers'.
After that we are delighted to present the first Forest Balloon Debate in which six contestants try to convince you of their choice of the 'Most Pleasurable Nicotine Delivery Device in the World'!
Speakers have three minutes to present their case. Members of the audience then have their say before voting three of the contestants off. A final round (one minute per speaker) will produce the 2017 champion.
Our doughty speakers are:
• Judy Gibson, International Network of Nicotine Consumer Organisations (INNCO) advocating e-cigarettes
• Angela Harbutt, founder of Liberal Vision, advocating cigarettes
• Mark Littlewood, director-general of the Institute of Economic Affairs, advocating heated tobacco
• Ranald Macdonald, MD, Boisdale Restaurants, advocating cigars
• Chris Snowdon, head of the Lifestyle Economics Unit, advocating snus
• Andrew Stewart, Pipe Club of London, advocating pipes
If you'd like to come – and haven't registered yet – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be an entertaining evening.